Yes! Continue reading
A stupid thing happened to me today.
I should have listened to Mr Furlong. Continue reading
At the hydrotherapy pool, there are always sports people who are bionic people really – modified – titanium through and through – who messed themselves up with exercise. Some of them have or have had terrible sciatica. They tell me so. Continue reading
So many times have friends arrived at my door in a complete emotional mess because they just found out their husbands/partners are/were being unfaithful.
It just happened again, day before yesterday. Continue reading
I think my sciatica is improving.
Let me list the ways I’ve used to heal myself.
The best methods for me were:-
- Time – let time pass.
- Patience – to let time pass.
- Useful entertainment whilst waiting.
- Sitting in a comfortable chair with feet up.
- Hot wheat-bag tucked into the pain site.
- Pillow under the knee at night for side-sleeping.
- Walk like a zombie bent double.
- Walk like a zombie looking for something on the floor.
The worst methods were
- Any exercise not performed in bed or a chair.
- Strong Ibuprofen
- Paracetamol and codeine
- Strong Paracetamol and codeine
- Exercise as in ‘keep moving’
- Exercise as in ‘walk daily’
- House work
- Exercise and housework.
The best medications/therapies were –
- Urification with stinging nettles AT THE TOP.*(see below)
- Hanging in warm deep water in a Hydrotherapy pool.
- McTimoney Chiropractic.
- Ice packs/heat packs
- Altering my sitting position, place of sitting, posture.
- Wearing different shoes to alter posture whilst walking.
*On urtification – two/three days on, two/three days off, otherwise the body gets used to it. MY Urtication studies
Best exercises were –
This was a comforting ‘Chicken soup’ for someone like me, who is recovering from piriformis sciatica. Penguins and people make the same sounds!
I enjoyed it.
Might work to pick you up too.