The world is full of “new technology” that’s not good for us. Mr Furlong has long enjoyed cooking – frying actually – in Teflon coated frying pans. And as HE is the cook – I am the eater of what he cooks.
But not so long ago, after a massive complaint from me that I disliked the texture of Teflon cooked stuff – and hated washing the bloody things, he chucked them all out and bought Ceramic ones instead. What a difference! Things actually get “crispy” now instead of sloppy-soft.
But we have been poisoned!
We are ALL being poisoned!
PFASs Have Become Ubiquitous in the Environment
PFASs are used in many industrial applications calling for non-stick or slick surfaces, such as food packaging, stain- and water-resistant fabrics, non-stick cookware and firefighting foam. As reported by CNN:
“As a result of their ubiquity, the chemicals migrate into air, household dust, food, soil and ground and surface water, and they eventually make their way into drinking water.
The problem with PFASs is that they remain in your body for a long time. Though other chemicals can be excreted within hours, it takes about 3.5 years for your body to get rid of just half of whatever amount you ingest …”
This is a serious matter really, so I’m not making fun of it. It’s a really serious matter for young people, parents and those in their prime.
But Mr Furlong and I have been poisoned by so much in our lives – polio vaccinations (probably contaminated with Sv40,) DDT, lead and opium ointment, mercury (we used to play with it) chlorine (we used to swim in it), ammonia, carbon tetrachloride (we used to “dry”clean our clothes with it), deildrin (spaying of the many garden pests in Africa with it), years of leaded fuel exhaust ingestion and god-knows what else, we’ll probably live now till we die
But, for the future, others, should be aware that in our modern age, progress is often laced with unintended consequences!