Today is the last day of my birthday binge. The Furlongs are going into a food restriction era – till the next party I suppose.
I just had a brilliant MOT – my birthday “review” at the doctors which us oldies have annually here in the UK. It’s a full health check.
For putting on 2 kg.
That pushes me into overweight by .5 kg on the BMI. But that is not anything I care about much. I just feel better slightly thinner. And on my HFLC ketogenic diet, I just can’t seem to lose any weight. I’m stuck.
Mr Furlong’s weight is going up! He cheats. He cheats a lot.
Being on a high fat, low carb diet doesn’t mean you can eat as much as you like of anything on that menu.
So from tomorrow, I’m going to change my fasting habits. I either have to not have an evening meal, or not have breakfast. Mr Furlong and I have been discussing it. I see many people have had success by eating two meals a day by cutting out one. And Mr Furlong is going to join me.
SOME POINTS TO REMEMBER:
• Avoid excessive protein intake (the size and thickness of your palm without fingers is a good measure for a serving of animal protein).
• Choose fatty cuts of meat (often cheaper and tastier).
• Include a variety of foods. Diversity provides a wider spectrum of nutrients.
• Purchase foods you recognise in their natural state, ie. eat real food.
• Avoid processed and fast food.
• Stop eating when full, but satisfied.
• Don’t be too hard on yourself but do your best to get into the diet as soon as possible.
• Plan ahead.
Yup – that’s what we are doing today….